BOX OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
As the Box Office Administrator, you will assist customers from both the Jackson Symphony Orchestra and its Community Music School in their purchases, payments, and any other needs. You are responsible for ticketing transactions while in the office and will need to handle money and process orders within PatronManager. The Box Office Administrator will provide customer service for patrons in person and over the phone. You will also assist in day to day administrative tasks. Because our music school is open 10am to 8pm, you will need to be able to work within those hours along with some weekends to support events. This position will require 15 hours on regular weeks and flex up when additional coverage is needed.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Process ticket orders from walk in customers, mailed in orders, and phone orders
- Enter ticket orders and donations into our CRM program, PatronManager
- Process payments for music classes and lessons
- Answer questions related to our performances, and offerings
- Receive, process, and distribute mail
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service, in person and by phone.
- Open or close the building some days
- Basic office administration
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service background
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Flexible schedule (some nights and weekends)
- Availability some nights and weekends to work events
- Familiarity with CRMs like PatronManager and ASAP Connect a plus
- Must be able to pass a background check
Please email your resume to email@example.com.
GUITAR, CELLO, & VIOLIN TEACHERS
The Jackson Community Music School is currently accepting applications for friendly, energetic, and responsible private instructors to teach guitar, violin, or cello lessons, and other potential music classes, on a part-time basis at our school located in downtown Jackson, MI. Previous teaching experience is required; those with a Master’s Degree in either music performance or education will be given priority. Employment will begin immediately upon completion of background check and fingerprint verification. Priority will also be given to any candidate living near or within Jackson city limits.
The Jackson CMS pays $36/teaching hour and also include a mileage premium for those outside of Jackson. Faculty dictate their own schedules including teaching days. For the right candidate, there will also be ample opportunity for outreach, performance, and networking.
Interested musicians should submit a cover letter, a one-page resume highlighting teaching experience, and relevant audio AND video links to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone interviews will proceed immediately. This position will remain open until filled.
The Jackson Community Music School is a non-profit music organization located in Jackson, MI. Our school is the educational branch of the Jackson Symphony Orchestra and serves the community through private instruction, group classes, community events, and public concerts. For more information, please browse our Facebook page or visit our official CMS website at jacksonmusicschool.org.
In association with Michigan State University
- Graduate students perform with the Jackson Symphony Orchestra as paid musicians next to their professors
- Conducting students can observe rehearsals and performances
- Students are chosen by MSU professors