THE JSO PROUDLY PARTNERS WITH TEACHERS AND SCHOOLS
We offer several opportunities for classes to learn and participate with our orchestra. If you are interested in any of the following programs, please contact our Director of Education, Jed Fritzemier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EDUCATION CONCERT: A MUSICAL LOOK AT COOPERATION AND COMMUNICATION
Our educational concert is geared towards 3rd and 4th-grade students with the goal of introducing them to the families of instruments in the orchestra and employing valuable social skills.
- This is a free educational opportunity
- Transportation grants are available
- Date and Time TBA (usually held in October)
- Held at the Potter Center on Jackson College’s campus
- Optional lesson plans included here.
- This concert aligns with the Michigan Merit Curriculum
The Jackson Symphony Orchestra has been developing educational content for middle and high school students. These programs are great for asynchronous learning, listening lessons, or sub plans. Check out the first video in our Behind Beethoven’s Best mini-series below.
BEHIND BEETHOVEN’S BEST: “PART ONE – SONATA ALLEGRO FORM “
- Attend the Jackson Symphony Orchestra Rehearsals
- Any classes can attend although it is generally geared toward middle school and high school students
SIDE BY SIDE
- Intended for high school bands and orchestras
- Bring your class to rehearse right next to professional musicians in the JSO
- Bring the JSO to your school!
- School group or groups play the 1st half of the concert, JSO the 2nd half
- Have a JSO staff member/musician come to your class and do demonstrations, sectionals, or work with your high school band/orchestra
EDUCATION CONCERT SPONSORS