The Jackson Symphony Orchestra will take the stage on Saturday, March 11th at Jackson College’s Potter Center, led for the penultimate time by Music Director, Stephen Osmond for the 7:30 p.m. concert which is generously sponsored by Friends of the Maestro.
As we celebrate the amazing accomplishments of our JSO over the past 40 years under the dynamic and creative leadership of Maestro Stephen Osmond we invite you to join the party. You won’t want to miss the exciting pair of concerts featuring a Galaxy of Stars several of the greatest soloists and compositions that have graced our stages during his tenure. Old friends include pianists Ralph Votapek and Arthur Greene as well as revered JSO concertmaster of 40 years Phil Mason.
Part I March 11 – Favorite Reflections
- Gershwin, Rhapsody in Blue with Ralph Votapek, piano
- Mozart, Adagio in E Minor Philip Mason, violin
- Chopin, Piano Concerto #2 Maestoso, Arthur Greene, piano
- Stravinsky, Firebird Suite
- Moncayo, Huapango
- Symphonic Jewels, music of Mendelssohn, Elgar, Prokofiev