Season Tickets for JSO’s 74th Season Available Now
This is the time of year for music lovers pick up their Jackson Symphony Orchestra season tickets and put concerts on their calendars.
The full schedule of events is now available for the 2023-24 Jackson Symphony Orchestra season, which features:
- Five Classical Concerts featuring the full Jackson Symphony Orchestra.
- Eight Music on Tap shows featuring performers from a wide variety of genres at Weatherwax Hall in downtown Jackson.
- A special events calendar that features two events downtown, including a Summer Pops concert that is free to the public.
Season tickets are available now online at jacksonsymphony.org, by phone at (517) 782-3221 or in person at the JSO box office located at 215 W. Michigan Ave. in downtown Jackson. First-time season-ticket buyers can receive 50 percent off for the cost of the full Classical Concert Series subscription. Season-ticket brochures will be delivered to current season-ticket holders and are also available at the box office. Individual tickets will be available on August 1.
“We are absolutely thrilled with the slate of talented musicians and wonderful performances music fans from Jackson and beyond will get to experience throughout our 2023-24 season,” JSO Executive Director Steve Trosin said. “Music Director Matthew Aubin has put together another excellent program for the JSO’s 74th Season of classical concerts, highlighting music from different places by both well-known composers and those who have historically been underrepresented.”
Some of the highlights:
- The Classical Concert Series theme this year is “Greetings From Jackson Symphony Orchestra” and each concert will highlight music from one area of the world. Greetings from Los Angeles, which will kick off the Classical Concert season, will feature the world premiere of a commissioned double concerto composed by Marcus Norris, a Jackson native and 2009 Jackson High School graduate.
- The Irish Festival seems to sell out every year, and that likely won’t change this year with Dàimh traveling all the way from Scotland to perform at Weatherwax Hall. Dàimh is the Gaelic word for “connection,” which perfectly describes this band’s interaction between band members as well as members of the audience.
- The special events calendar includes a couple musical traditions for JSO fans: the free Summer Pops concert downtown and The Nutcracker, which will once again feature a partnership with dancers from Ballet Chelsea.
Mary Trosin, Marketing Manager
- Online: jacksonsymphony.org
- By phone: (517) 782-3221
- In person: 215 W. Michigan Ave.
Classical Concert Series Schedule
- Greetings from Los Angeles, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 7, 2023, Potter Center
- Greetings from New York City, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 11, 2023, Potter Center
- Greetings from Scotland, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 9, 2024, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 10, 2024, 2 p.m. Feb. 11, 2024, Weatherwax Hall
- Greetings from Switzerland, 7:30 p.m. March 23, 2024, Potter Center
- Greetings from Austria, 7:30 p.m. April 27, 2024, Potter Center
Music On Tap Schedule
(All concerts at Weatherwax Hall)
- Jazz Night with the Pherotones, 8 p.m. Sept. 30, 2023
- New Blues with Buffalo Nichols, 8 p.m. Oct. 14, 2023
- Soulful Saturday with Harlem Gospel Travelers, 8 p.m. Nov. 18, 2023
- Comedy Night with Heywood Banks, 8 p.m. Jan. 27, 2024
- Indie Pop with Miki Fiki, 8 p.m. Feb. 17, 2024
- Irish Festival with Dàimh, 8 p.m. March 16, 2024
- Music in Motion with One More Night (ft. Josh Henderson), 8 p.m. April 20, 2024
- Bluegrass-ish with Joseph Huber, 8 p.m. May 4, 2024
Special Events Schedule
- Summer Pops: Greetings from Hollywood, 7 p.m. Aug. 25, 2023, Horace Blackman Park
- Children’s Halloween Concert, 3 p.m. Oct. 21, 2023, Michigan Theatre
- The Nutcracker, Dec. 15-17, 2023, Potter Center
- Spring Pops, 7 p.m. May 28, 2024, Michigan Theatre